VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.






VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet


Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-29-2022, 04:53 AM
Joeyo68 Joeyo68 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Frankston, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 152
Default

Nice formation Mark.
Unfortunately not enough in Melbourne to get that many RVís together.
__________________
Joe
Flying friends RV7ís
Built RV7 empennage.
Wings done
Fuselage mostly done.
Working FWF now.
4th July 2022, Phase 1 CofA issued!
5th July 2022, First flight😬😀😀😀
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-29-2022, 10:28 AM
MarkW's Avatar
MarkW MarkW is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edgewater, FL. X50
Posts: 1,210
Default

Hey Rocky,
I am not much of a cold weather guy but play a lot with heat transfer.
You could do a lot better heating the cowl/engine if you pulled the already warmed air out of the other side rather than having to heat 15 degree air to start with. Maybe a tube from the other side to another plenum at the heater inlet. Assuming there is a thermostat on the heater.
__________________
Mark
RV9 - N14MW - Flying
G3X - ECI Titan I0-320
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-29-2022, 03:59 PM
newt's Avatar
newt newt is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyo68 View Post
Nice formation Mark.
Unfortunately not enough in Melbourne to get that many RVís together.
There weren't enough in Sydney to get that many RVs together two years ago either.

This is the result of a small group of us getting formation training, then spending the subsequent five years evangelising about how much fun it is.

Now we have builders who haven't even finished their projects yet looking forward to joining in.

It's an absolute blast, and we all have big plans for our 13-ship.

- mark
__________________
[ Paid up on 8 Aug 2022 ]
RV-6 VH-SOL
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-30-2022, 02:57 AM
auj4's Avatar
auj4 auj4 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt View Post
There weren't enough in Sydney to get that many RVs together two years ago either.

This is the result of a small group of us getting formation training, then spending the subsequent five years evangelising about how much fun it is.

Now we have builders who haven't even finished their projects yet looking forward to joining in.

It's an absolute blast, and we all have big plans for our 13-ship.

- mark
I totally blame Mark and the other original Three in Sydney for the fact that my partner and I now have an RV-6. I got my formation endorsement earlier this year and flew in the 11 ship Balbo last Sunday. I heartily endorse his form of evangelism.

I put together a short video using everyone elseís video clips here:

https://youtu.be/qEwwh4V8hh8

Iíve never worked so hard flying and Iíve never had such a sense of achievement flying.

Don (#2)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-30-2022, 04:43 AM
jrtens's Avatar
jrtens jrtens is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odens_14 View Post
...snuggly, in fact I was commenting to my wife it might be the last time, they grow fast!

(On mobile, not sure why we're upside down)
Here you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VAF 11-30.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	424.3 KB
ID:	34428
__________________
Jon
2019 12iS SLSA
KAWO
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-30-2022, 08:16 AM
rockwoodrv9 rockwoodrv9 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Meridian ID, Aspen CO, Okemos MI
Posts: 3,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
Hey Rocky,
I am not much of a cold weather guy but play a lot with heat transfer.
You could do a lot better heating the cowl/engine if you pulled the already warmed air out of the other side rather than having to heat 15 degree air to start with. Maybe a tube from the other side to another plenum at the heater inlet. Assuming there is a thermostat on the heater.
Mark, that is a great idea. When it starts getting really cold around here I will see what I can come up with. I have another one of the heaters and was going to just use both but using pre heated air may save some on the elect bills.

I have a Kats glue on heater Im going to stick to the oil pan if I need fast heat and my Switcheron should come any day. That is what I really hope works well.

My son in law is at Hurlbert Field so we get down to Ft Walton Beach often and love it there!
__________________
rockwoodrv9a
Williamston MI
O-320 D2A
Flying N376E
2023
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.