What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tips for Painting Roundal

PhatRV

Well Known Member
I am closing to finish most of the major build portions of my RV8. I am now thinking of the painting task while waiting on the availability of hangar.

I am looking for links describing how to paint the military roundal, how to cut masks so the different layers of colors can be painted. Because my roundal is non-US military, and thus I have to roll my own instead of using the established decal vendors.

Thanks

Vinyl

I am closing to finish most of the major build portions of my RV8. I am now thinking of the painting task while waiting on the availability of hangar.

I am looking for links describing how to paint the military roundal, how to cut masks so the different layers of colors can be painted. Because my roundal is non-US military, and thus I have to roll my own instead of using the established decal vendors.

Thanks

Vinyl? Even if you don't use the vinyl sticker, it can be cut andbused for masking paint.

Aerographics can cut you some vinyl paint masks. In my experience, they are quick, responsive and reasonably priced.
Stewart Willoughby, 6 final assembly

Back