What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-Mag and MAP

fabio

Anyone has any picture how to connect the MAP in the P-Mag ? I have Garmin G3X, I installed the MAP sensor in the VA-168 transducer manifold, the engine is Lycoming IO360-M1B
I have 2 P-Mag, do I have to connect both P-Mag with MAP?

Unfortunately I only have a picture of where I "T" into the line going from the engine to the MAP sensor. You will then need to run a hose towards the two Emags and then "T" off of that line to both Emags. Each mag need to sense MAP.

Attachments

• IMG_3938.jpg
    IMG_3938.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 199
Here is our Garmin/Dual Pmag tee/hose for RV7, 8, 9, and 10. Same tee set up, different hose lengths for the different planes.

Tom

Attachments

• RV7A DUAL PMAG TEE Garmin.jpg
    RV7A DUAL PMAG TEE Garmin.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 177
  • RV8 PERILLO 2.jpg
    RV8 PERILLO 2.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 208
  • RV8 PERILLO.jpg
    RV8 PERILLO.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 166
Yes, put a "T" into the MAP sending unit, and might need another T to split between the two p mags.
DAR Gary

I'm only using the -3 hoses as the restrictions for my installation. The blue represents the pressure line schematic and the black represents the electrical schematic.

Schematic - P-Mags Rev D.jpg

Dave
RV-3B working on the engine installation now

No pictures, but I have my MAP sensor located on the same bracket as the oil and fuel sensor. I ran a hard line across the top of the firewall, on the left side it connects to a braided line into the #3 cylinder. The left side connects directly to the sensor manifold. Instead of plugging the 3rd hole like called for with the oil and fuel pressure, I plan on using a bard adapter to a t-fitting to run to my P-mags.

Hope that helps

Good luck

Restrictor fittings genereally have a .040 orifice. Most -3 stem IDs have +- .079-.080. So for dampening the pressure pulses, there isnt much difference, so alot of guys dont use the restrictor if they use -3 hoses.

Tom

Here’s how I did mine on my RV8:

8BFE15C5-6242-4801-8B40-0C06F91CE3C9.jpg

2 E-mags. MP line T’s off at the firewall mounted manifold to the aluminum line leading to a coupling on the engine mount that transitions to the silicone tubing that came with the E-mag using a barbed fitting. From there it splits using a nylon barbed T with silicone tube to each mag. Barbed fittings work very well for manifold pressure because the pressure is low (suction). I tried the push fittings at first, but they are meant for positive pressure lines. The soft silicone hose doesn’t seal so well with a slight negative pressure.
The plus is, it’s easy, light weight, and inexpensive.

Back