What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oat probe wiring question

danny

Well Known Member
Hey RV folks
I'm installing a gad 13 and can't figure out the wiring for the probe. There's two wires coming from the probe...a white and blue /white wire. The gad diagram is labeled "in/out" and the probe is "voltage in/ current out". My problem is I don't know which wire is which.
Any tips would be awesome.
thanks
danny

Hey RV folks
I'm installing a gad 13 and can't figure out the wiring for the probe. There's two wires coming from the probe...a white and blue /white wire. The gad diagram is labeled "in/out" and the probe is "voltage in/ current out". My problem is I don't know which wire is which.
Any tips would be awesome.
thanks
danny

Hi Danny,

It would help us help you if you would identify the brand and model of the temperature probe you are installing.

If it is a Davtron C307PS, the white wire is positive and connects to pin 5 on the GAD 13 and the white/blue wire connects to GAD 13 pin 4.

Steve

Garmin G5 Install Manual 5.21

This is shown in the G5 Install Manual in Section 5.21.

Assuming it's a 307 style probe:
GAD 13 Pin 5 OUT: White of probe (+ voltage power IN)
GAD 13 Pin 4 IN: White/Blue of probe (resisted voltage back OUT)
Shield wire grounded both side (accomplished already on the probe side by the little loop looking piece when you tighten it down to something with metal exposed)

Last edited:
Awesome...just what I needed. I have the exp version so that's the only install manual I was looking in. Figure 7-10 didn't have the colors for the C307PS probe, at least not that I could find. Thanks, I just didn't want to chance doing something expensive.
danny

Back