What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crystal River with Diana

bsacks05

Well Known Member
Inspired by a recent post about Crystal River on VAF, my daughter and I decided to fly down for the day yesterday. Although it was too late in the season for manatee viewing, we had a great time kayaking and eating lunch at Crackers on the waterfront.

2cfec75.jpg

2a8l3ed.jpg

2zyykcx.jpg

23hmz5f.png

2e4db2g.jpg

153l1xi.jpg

Diana had a nice nap on the way down and was well rested to do most of the flying on the way home. Check out the APRS speed - 190 mph. :eek:
We had the Pink Floyd channel tuned in on the XM radio. It was one of those magical moments when the music was the perfect soundtrack to the flight.

"Look Mummy, there's an airplane in the sky."

Last edited:
Crystal River

We really enjoyed our trip down and plan on going again next year.
Did you eat at Cody's ?

Bruce! Tell me more.... I am new to Florida and that place look cool and is just up the road for me.

Why Crystal River? Places to see, places to eat...

Thanks!

Crystal River (CGC) is a nice fly in destination because it is a small town and the airport is very close to the attractions.
Close to the airport is King's Bay and Three Sisters Springs. Winter time is prime manatee viewing. In spring they go somewhere else. Probably hiding from tourists until next winter.
Various operators have tours, kayaks, and snorkling gear rentals.
My sister and her husband have some property on one of the canals and we used their kayaks. They love manatees, my brother-in-law says they taste like chicken.

It looks like a nice winter destination thanks for writeup Bruce. No that far from NJ :)

Back