What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Legacy Amp Gages

Well Known Member
I found that my Legacy Vans Amp Gage was back feeding my Avionics buss with 4 volts. I don't know how long this has been happening, found it while troubleshooting my Echo UAT Wi-Fi issue. My Echo has the new Wi-Fi software and does not like the 4 volts...... no problem with the old software. I had to re-set my Echo circuit breaker every start up to get the Wi-Fi to work (ADSB was just fine). After a lot of troubleshooting found the 4 volts coming from my Amp gage. Installed a blocking diode in the gage power wire and all is now good. I'll be adding this check to my conditional inspection check list.

Easy check to perform, Master Sw. on Avionics Sw. off no voltage on Avionics buss. If you have any voltage remove the power wire to the amp gage and re-check. Hope this helps someone save a lot of time troubleshooting.....

Same Problem

I am pretty sure I ran into this same problem, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how the ghost volts were getting onto that bus. I will check again at the amp gauge and see if that is the problem. For me, it was only about 1.2 volts, maybe it gets worse over time?

Back