What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO 390 119EXp Dimensions

Last edited:
The Wikipedia numbers are nice ballpark but they do not specify from where to where. Front of the flywheel to back of the oil filter? Back of the accessory case?

As far as Saberfly measuring if you can give me. the A, B, and C dimensions. With C, I am looking for inside edge of lift strap to inside edge of other lift strap. and maybe how wide the lift strap is.

Thanks

Attachments

• io390a.png
    io390a.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IO390b.png
    IO390b.png
    567 KB · Views: 59
Are there any foam (or other light weight) mockup blocks out there so you can figure things out before actually having an engine?

As far as Saberfly measuring if you can give me. the A, B, and C dimensions. With C, I am looking for inside edge of lift strap to inside edge of other lift strap. and maybe how wide the lift strap is.

I can get dimensions A & B, with the caveat that my engine does not have the ring gear (I will be using an SDS ring gear). The engine is sealed in a plastic bag with kraft paper wrapped all across the top except for the very front and back. I might be able to feel the reference points and approximate dimension C.

Pete, again I caution that these dimensions are approximate, particularly because of the kraft paper and plastic covering most of the engine. But, this is what I've got:

width (B): 34"
length (A): 32-1/4" (front of flange, NOT the ring gear, to rear of oil filter)
between lifting lugs (C): 6-3/4"

I'm somewhat confident of dimension C but I can't be absolutely certain that it was the rear lug that I was feeling through the plastic and paper. I would call the tolerance on all my measurements to be well within +-1/4".

Hope this helps. If anyone sees this that has their EXP119 out of the crate, please confirm.

Back