What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat and head room question

RNB

Does anyone know the head room available in a 14? I am 6'6" tall, need at least 40 inches to not hit. Do the seats recline?

If one measures along the back of the seat to the top in a straight line, what is the measurement?

Thank you.

Headroom RV 14

6'5". With the seat in the most aft position for max leg room (thus most "upright" back rest position); fairly low seat cushion: leaves two fingers from vertex to canopy.

6'5". With the seat in the most aft position for max leg room (thus most "upright" back rest position); fairly low seat cushion: leaves two fingers from vertex to canopy.

And I guess you are comfortable?
Do you know your butt to vertex height?

Canopy clearance

I'm 6' 4" and 36" inseam. Have about 3 inches fairly soft foam in the back and 4 inches in the front. Rudder pedals all the way forward and have more than 2 fingers above my Bose A20 headsets. Seat located all the way back. Seems like plenty of room and very comfortable on long flights. Before I barely fit in a 7 or 9 and was very tight all around. The 14 was made for "larger" people.

Head Room

If you have head room issues try the Clarity Aloft headset. It sits behind yiur head rather than on top. it was a life saver for me in an RV9 as I'm 6' 5". picks up a couple inches of room.

Back