What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drilling the Engine Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

osaleh

Hello

I am trying to drill the engine mount and if i align all the predrilled holes, the engine mount is not on level with the fuselage. There is a little difference. Basically, i will need to lift the right side by 1/4 inch

Any idea if this small difference will matter when hanging the engine? Should i ignore and drill to the preassigned holes ?

Not sure what you mean by "level" with the fuse.

Good chance that the mount has right thrust built into it-----this will make the engine look like it is a bit sideways instead of the crank centerline running in lime with the fuse centerline.

Hi Mike and thank you for your quick response. I put level on the forward fuselage and the ball is centered. I put another level on the engine mount and the ball is little bit off the center. If i am to lift the right side of the engine mount by a 1/4 of an inch then the ball on the level will be centered.

However , what you wrote about the mount having right thrust built into it is interesting and might explain why the holes align but i am still a little bit off center level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back