What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV build time breakdown

incubit_aero

I'm New Here
Hi guys, I'm about to start building our first RV-10 QB kit and I'm looking for hours spent building a quick build kit broken down per major part of the build. I found a great breakdown on Bill's RV-10 build website but this was a std kit. See what he's done here:

https://sites.google.com/a/fusion4.net/rv10/general-techniques/total-build-time

I know different builders take vastly differing times to build their kit so to be specific, all I need is percentage of hours per major part like empennage, wings, fuselage, finishing kit, firewall forward, paint etc.

Has anyone done something like this for a QB kit? It could be a similar kit like the 7, 8 or 9 with similar times. This will give me an idea of milestones for the build.

I have scoured the internet for hours and have not found anything on a QB kit so I would reeeeeealy appreciate any guideline in this regard!

Thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to getting this show on the road!

Regards from South Africa!

Thanks so much, this does help!

One question though. You hours for paint don't seem right. Did you not include the final painting of the colors in this list? If not, what is included in the hours for paint in your list?

I had the interior and exterior painted professionally. The "painting" column is for priming the mating surfaces (I did not prime all parts). And I would have to go back through my logs but I think I just included the priming in with whatever part I was working on after completing the rudder.

Back