What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New builder in Asheville NC

navy06

My friend in Asheville is starting a RV7. We are both retired Navy Captains who first met in the Philippines many years ago. He is totally new to aviation and I am working to get him started on the right track with his project. I just made him aware of this site and he probably will be joining soon. In the meantime are there any builders In Asheville area who could show him their projects and advise. Maybe even a flight in a RV7? Also where is the closest flyin breakfast that gets a lot of RV’s in attendance? I will direct him to this thread.

Thanks
JM (RV3)

Triple Tree Fly-In Sept. 19-26. Always a bunch of RVs at this event. Bueiest days are Friday and Saturday.

Asheville EAA chapter 1016 is meeting in Hendersonville tomorrow at the WNC air museum. Have your friend drop in and say hi. Food starts at 6 and the presentation at 6:30.

Edit: I think we've got every model of RV covered within the chapter. There are at least a 6, 8, 10, and 12 flying at 0A7. We've got several being built as well: 4, 8, 10 (two of us), a 12, and a 14.

Last edited:
Triple Tree Fly-In Sept. 19-26. Always a bunch of RVs at this event. Bueiest days are Friday and Saturday.

This is one of the largest gathering of RVs in the Southeast excluding Sun-N-Fun.

About an hour and a half drive from Asheville.

Not a 7 but…

Hey Captain,

I’m just outside of Asheville in Marshall, NC. Retired aviation maint LDO and former AMHC. I’m starting to build my -12is but have just a little bit of experience in airframe work that might come in handy on any build. If I can be of any assistance, let me know.

-Ron

Mornin’

Hi Ron, I’m ar 2J3, Louisville, ga, about 45 min. South west of Augusta, building a -12. Just hung the engine, a UL and busy wiring. I’m retired after 46 years of ag work and can accommodate a visit anytime. 478 494 3757.

Regards,

I am in Asheville and building an 8. I would be happy to do a project show and tell at some point. feel free to send me a PM if you want to arrange something.

I also helped my dad build his -7 several years ago.

Yep - Triple Tree as already suggested

You are in luck my friend. Triple Tree General Aviation fly-in next week.

Visit < tta.areo > scroll down to Triple Tree Fly-in Sept 19-25 for info.

Friday and Saturday best opportunity for the most airplanes (including RVs) -depending on weather.

Don't miss it. Once a year opportunity close by.

Back