What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuji Spray Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System

Vans101

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am going to spray paint some aluminum sheet metal and small parts.

I have a large air compressor and I was going to buy a paint gun however I was considering the Fuji system:

https://www.amazon.com/Fuji-2202-Se...pray+system+,tools,190&sr=1-2#customerReviews

I presume that the only differences are:

Turbine costs more
Turbine does not need water/ oil filters

Does anyone have any experience with the turbine powered spray system?

Please provide any and all advice!!!

THANKS!!!

I have the Fuji Spray 2804-T75G Mini-Mite 4 Platinum T75G Gravity HVLP Spray System. It is a 4 stage turbine and the current price on Amazon is $915. Used it to paint this plane:

IMG_0935.jpg

I also have the DeVilbis FLG4 HPLV spray gun to use with the air compressor.

Both performed very well, just slightly different technique for application.

I have the additional 2.0 spray cap for the Fuji gun to spray thicker paints (primers and surfacers).

I think the difference between the Fuji unit I purchased and the one you linked to is the number of stages (2 versus 4) of the turbine. 4 stages putting out more air.

The major driver in purchasing the turbine system was electricity requirement. I was spraying a very large 32' one piece wing in a hangar with marginal electrical service. My compressor would routinely trip the breaker. Because the turbine requires less amps, the breaker never tripped. And you never run out of air.

The turbine generates warm dry air and during the summer it is easy to get orange peel because of the warm air the paint dries quick, doesn't flow out as nice. An extra 25' of hose helps with that problem.

Hope this helps,

Gun

Never used a turbine
I do own a DeVilbiss FLG and recently switched to a Harbor Fright Black Widow HTE. Night and day. The Black Widow is way better. Its a copy of a SATA gun. Hard to go wrong for $300. Less if you're a club member

Back