What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rags - hey it's new year!

A5555

Well Known Member
rags - hey it's a new year!

so I'm frugal, or as my wife says "a cheap *******", but my wife is too, so when I told her I wanted to wash my oily micro fiber rags to give them a new life she was not opposed. I soaked them a couple of times in a tub with dawn and then oxiclean. then I was allowed to put them in the wash. they didn't turn out to badly. now for dinner today... black eyed peas. it's going to be a great year!

DSCN4446.JPG

Last edited:
I do the same thing - dump them all in a trash can with hot water and simple green, stir them around off and on for a while and then rinse and into the wash. Turns out great and I haven't ruined the washer yet.

And I had black eyed peas today, too...

Wash

I'm not quite that cheap but Sweetie says I'm so cheap I try to save other people's money!
I cut up old clothes for rags. They get tossed after use. T-shirt rags are awesome for Cut & Buff.
Black Eyed Peas are in the pot for dinner. Planning on a double serving!

Yep. Black Eyed Peas will be ready in about 20 minutes. Gonna need an extra helping this year.

We enjoyed Hoppin John for lunch and shared some with several of our neighbors in the RV Resort.

Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year,

We couldn’t have our annual black eye pea dinner this year. So we did it anyway, three grocery bags with hot black eye peas, cornbread and cake delivered to the usual guests. Too important to let last year beat us.

May the -15 appear this year!

Back