What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind GA200L Ground Adjustable Prop

Hi All - I'm looking at using a Whirlwind GA200L for my IO-320 powered RV-9A and was wondering if anyone who's using or has used it could provide some opinions on that propeller.

Thanks!

Guess no one is using the WW GA prop?

No reply here yet - does this mean no one is using this prop on an RV?? Curious how you like it - numbers?

Thanks!

On a 4

I have 30 hours on my -4 with a GA200L. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it's light and performs well on my 150 HP O320. The matching spinner is very high quality.

Pitch adjustment is a little tricky with the tools and instructions provided, but it's doable. I have flown in some rain (and plan to fly in a lot more), and with the nickel leading edges, the finish is unscathed.

Looks great, too!

M

Do you have a 12 or 13 inch spinner on your -4? I was looking at buying a WW ground adjustable prop about two years ago, but they only made a 13 inch spinner at the time and I need a 12.

do you have any numbers like rpm, speed wich altitude it was done. also rate of climb would be appreciate . i have an rv4 and looking these prop formy next chrismast present!

Michel

I will post some numbers soon

Installed this prop on my io320 equipped rv9a. Very happy so far. Some install issues I will report on later. However in the end all is well. Performance is very nice. Able to pick up several knots and not be limited to 2600 rpm. Also looks really nice too.

Has anyone installed this prop on an O-360 yet?

If so, did they solve the issue with the mounting lugs/bolts?

Installed this prop on my io320 equipped rv9a. Very happy so far. Some install issues I will report on later. However in the end all is well. Performance is very nice. Able to pick up several knots and not be limited to 2600 rpm. Also looks really nice too.

Interested in what "Install Issues" you had, since I'm very close to mounting mine.

Has anyone installed this prop on an O-360 yet?

If so, did they solve the issue with the mounting lugs/bolts?

What mounting lug/bolt issues?

Back