What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

video to G3X question

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey guys- the end is in sight fr avionics, and I'm debating installing a taxi cam (el cheapo backup camera) since the g3x screens support video in.

I've searched the inter web, but so far no luck in answering the following question:

If I've got a camera feed, how do I toggle it on/off in a PFD window? If it's a simple touch screen feature I'm in, but if I have to go elbow deep in some sub menu to find an on-off switch I'll likely skip it.

Anybody have a quick answer off the top of their head?

Video menu

Terry -- a better answer to your original question; see magenta circle in the attached screen grab.

You won't regret it .

Attachments

• IMG_2848.jpg
    IMG_2848.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 227
What are you looking for while taxiing with the camera? Behind you?

Looking forward. Because of their stance on the ground, some taildraggers have blind spots directly in front.

There are many instances of guys taxiing into traffic cones, random stuff on ramps, and in extreme cases other airplanes because they can't see where they're going.

Standard practice in those airplanes is to taxi in S turns to look around the nose.

I fly an C170 that doesn't really have much of an issue and frankly, I don't even notice the different stance after a while. I think the RV7 will probably be the same, but I've never flown a tailwheel version and can't say for sure, so if it's easy and cheap to include a fwd looking camera at this point, why not?

Video Input

Hey guys- the end is in sight fr avionics, and I'm debating installing a taxi cam (el cheapo backup camera) since the g3x screens support video in.

I've searched the inter web, but so far no luck in answering the following question:

If I've got a camera feed, how do I toggle it on/off in a PFD window? If it's a simple touch screen feature I'm in, but if I have to go elbow deep in some sub menu to find an on-off switch I'll likely skip it.

Anybody have a quick answer off the top of their head?

In addition to the dedicated MFD page, you can touch anywhere on the HSI to toggle the inset window assignments. It is pretty readily accessible, 2 touches.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks everybody. Preliminary static testing indicates I should position this facing aft so I can see how cool I look while flying.

Attachments

• IMG_7085.jpg
    IMG_7085.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 142
Back