What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MA4-SPA Default settings

Manchu16

Does anyone happen to have the default settings (number of turns from the seat) for the idle mixture circuit on a 10-3678-32 MA4-SPA carb handy?

Will call MS in the morning, but hoping someone had it before I leave the hangar tonight.

Thx.

I would start with bottom the mixture screw lightly, then 1 1/2 turns out. Get it warmed up, perhaps even fly around the pattern and then set it to provide a 50 RPM rise when leaned to cutout.. Pretty easy. I’ve even done it running with care and a pilot seated at the controls.

I would start with bottom the mixture screw lightly, then 1 1/2 turns out. Get it warmed up, perhaps even fly around the pattern and then set it to provide a 50 RPM rise when leaned to cutout.. Pretty easy. I’ve even done it running with care and a pilot seated at the controls.

Tom is spot on. 1 and 1/2 turns from a “light” seat. Do not crank it down. Light finger pressure. Mine was just a bit more rich (+1/4 turn) after the engine was nice and warm to get the slight rise.

Back