What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AeroTow T1

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Moving my RV-10 in and out of the hangar is proving to take significantly more effort than my RV-7A did.

Does anyone have any experience using the AeroTow T1?
https://www.amigoaerotow.com/tugs/t1/

It looks like it would work pretty well, but I'm hoping to hear from anyone that is currently using one. I don't have a big slope or a large lip, but I would like to use the tug to turn the plane around 180 degrees on my ramp, and push it back into the hangar.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
One of the more salient questions is that which addresses how the aircraft is turned.

While I have an Aero-Tow it's an older version of the T3, thus I do not have experience with the T1.

The AeroTow products are built like tanks. Mine has moved aircraft well beyond its rated capacity and has taken no harm. In my current application it is overkill - it moves the airplane with unquestionable authority. Yeah, all the guys in the hangar row are jealous!

In the fall I bought a really nice used Lil Sherman for moving my 9A around. No shortage of torque or power. I have a bit of an incline into the hanger and on the ice and snow it did struggle with it. I bought and installed a set of tire chains from Princess Auto that solved that problem.

It is heavy and for my girlfriend to manhandle it for positioning probably wont happen.

Once Im up into the hanger for the finer details in positioning I take it off and use the tow bar.

Except for the weight and picking it up and moving it around it's been good and no real complaints.

The tires are a nice soft compound that do stick well.

Ive never used any other tug so I really cant compare it to anything else.

Tim

In the fall I bought a really nice used Lil Sherman for moving my 9A around. No shortage of torque or power. I have a bit of an incline into the hanger and on the ice and snow it did struggle with it. I bought and installed a set of tire chains from Princess Auto that solved that problem.

It is heavy and for my girlfriend to manhandle it for positioning probably wont happen.

I see that the Lil Sherman is a beefed-up model that AeroTow made previously.

I do not own a tow but I have three neighbors that have radio controlled aircraft tugs like these. IF I was going to spend the money on what the AeroTow costs, I would add more money to the purchase and get it.
That's what I have for my non-RV. It's been reliable for several years now. Works quite well and is recommended. The nice thing about the remote control is that you can go out to the tail or a wingtip or something and check clearances while moving the plane.

Dave

Back