What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Baggage Dimensions

Tlrguy

Well Known Member
Does anyone know the exact floor dimensions of the baggage compartment? I need to know how wide (fuse side to side) the compartment is at the front most as well as the rear bulkhead.

I’m trying to determine if my 39” long electric scooters will fit in the 10.

I currently have a Bonanza and that baggage compartment is 41” at the rear bulkhead (and it’s narrowest).

Thanks! And I took the plunge btw. 10 months from now and I’ll be bucking rivets!

Your in luck. I just walked over to my shop where my 10 is coming to life.

Here are the rough dimensions:

At the rear bulkhead you have about 31” across
At the front it’s about 40.5” across
The length of the baggage compartment taken down the Center is about 29” front to aft.

Don’t forget the rear seats come out easy. Keep in mind I don’t have my close out panels installed and there is no allowance for carpet or finishing stuff so it could end up smaller than what I gave you.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the build..it’s a blast!

Keith

Thanks for taking those measurements for me. Sounds like the Bonanza is a far wider fuselage that far back in the baggage area. I hope two scoots end up fitting as they have been the single most valuable asset I’ve added to my travel basket. Never left stranded at a fuel stop anymore and just downright fun for exploring.

No problem.....never thought of scooters going back there can you send me a link? Maybe Santa will get the hint.

Cheers,

Keith

I did an extreme amount of research when deciding on which scooter to go with. My biggest priority being high quality batteries that are conservatively charged so I can feel good about putting them in an aircraft. After that requirement was met, then it’s size, weight and safety features.

Hands down, the Inokim Light 2 is the best of the “ultra portable” class of electric scooter. Inokim takes safety as their number one design factor. Batteries are of high quality and charging is done in such a way to promote stability. The Light 2 is very conservative when it comes to ride-ability. Smooth, slow start and acceleration, locking feature of the folding mechanism, and good drum brakes make it the best all around.

Realistic range is 15 miles without worry and she’s great at climbing moderate hills. The Scooter weights 30 pounds, and folds up to just 38.5 by 5 inches. Charges from a fully depleted battery in 5 hours. Quality is great and there are examples in the field with well over 5000 miles and running strong, still on the original battery. These scooters are well supported not only in the US, but world wide.

https://fluidfreeride.com/products/inokim-light2

Last edited:
Anyone with a closed out interior, please feel free to chime in on baggage dimensions. I would be thrilled if the forward 12 inches of the baggage area could be 39 inches wide or more.

Back