What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Update one GSA28 servo

dbaflyer

Well Known Member
I had to replace my roll servo and don’t know how to push current software to it. I don’t see anything in config mode. In normal mode there was a way to force update to 9.0 which I did but after booting into config mode the servo was not updated and did not show any signs of wanting to

Attachments

• 07B53D8E-D48B-4DC6-9A59-120A0AE685C1.jpg
    07B53D8E-D48B-4DC6-9A59-120A0AE685C1.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 56
It's possible your display might not have a full installation of all the required LRU software. This is easy and painless to fix, if you re-download the current G3X Touch software, force it to update your display (via the menu option on the Database Information page, or by holding in the right-hand knob during powerup), and allow it to fully complete and finish rebooting before removing the SD card. The display should then contain all the required software for the GSA 28 and other LRUs, which should be updated automatically. Beyond that, I would contact [email protected].

I had to replace my roll servo and don’t know how to push current software to it. I don’t see anything in config mode. In normal mode there was a way to force update to 9.0 which I did but after booting into config mode the servo was not updated and did not show any signs of wanting to

Denis,

Great observation, but there is no need for concern here; the GSA 28 that you received is using the correct software version.

Our software download page lists version 2.20 and 4.90 starting with GDU version 8.81. The new hardware and will use software 006-B3855-02, version 2.20. While the older servo will use software 006-B1626-10, version 4.90. You can see that the correct versions are loaded for both these units on your included screenshot.

These servos are fully interoperable, meet the same performance specifications, and can be used as direct replacements so long as the GDU software version is 8.81 or higher.

Happy flying!
Johnny

Great observation, but there is no need for concern here; the GSA 28 that you received is using the correct software version.

Our software download page lists version 2.20 and 4.90 starting with GDU version 8.81. The new hardware and will use software 006-B3855-02, version 2.20. While the older servo will use software 006-B1626-10, version 4.90. You can see that the correct versions are loaded for both these units on your included screenshot.

These servos are fully interoperable, meet the same performance specifications, and can be used as direct replacements so long as the GDU software version is 8.81 or higher.

Johnny is correct here, I had forgotten that there are multiple GSA 28 part numbers now! Carry on...

Back