What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ground adjustable prop for RV3

navy06

I have flown my RV3 for 10 years with wood prop and a new one may be indicated. Are there any ground adjustable composite props that would be a good choice? My engine is a 0235 108hp from my former Piper Colt.

Sensenich

Ive been running a sensenich ground adjustable prop and its a real performer. Composite. I think they have one for smaller engines.

I love mine.
Cm

I checked their website and they had min length at 72 inches and I need a 68”. What length do you have on your RV4. Ivoprop can’t be used on Lycoming engines according to my inquiry. Are there any other experimental options?

I would look into Whirlwind. They are somewhat cheaper than Sensenich, really beautiful and seem to perform as well, if not slightly better.
I'm using a 3-BLD Whirlwind GA on my current project. (Not yet flying)

Sterna Prop

I’m using a 68” 3-bladed Sterna prop. It’s a carbon composite with nickel leading edge ground adjustable. They are very well priced and well made. I have it on my RV3B with a 13” spinner. They also have 12” spinners.

Thanks all for the advice. I been flying for 52 years and may sell my RV3 in a couple years and might be better served to just buy another wood prop. Ed Sterba has retired and suggestions if I just go with a basic wood prop?

Back