What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder pedal travel question

pappa

Could any 9 flyers with external rudder stops know the travel distance of the pedals when moving rudder from stop to stop. I am worried about the brake lines I just cut and installed… one could be tight and pull depending on travel, thank you.

This measurement may be different between planes as each plane may have their rudder set-up with differing max degrees of deflection.

Best to get in there & measure your set up. You could get some adjustability by shortening the length of the forward links between the rudder cable & pedal. Note that the shorter the link, the more aft angle of your rudder pedal & could make brake pedal activation (angle of foot) tougher.

Last edited:
I followed the plans for the forward most placement of the pedals. There is plenty of clearance to avoid hitting any brake lines, as long as they are sitting close to the firewall.

I suspect the OP is concerned that the reservoir to master cyl plastic lines might not be a pinch short & might bind.

Back