What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TS Flightlines Manifold Pressure Kit

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
Yesterday I installed the manifold pressure kit that I bought from Tom at TS Flightlines.

This kit is designed for a -7/A and fit perfectly. Here are a few photos showing it installed.

My -7 has an IO-360-XP58 installed.

Attachments

• mp1.jpg
    mp1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 333
  • mp2.jpg
    mp2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 285
  • mp3.jpg
    mp3.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
I see the moderators moved this to the Reviews forum.

I was hoping to get some input on the install and see if it routing and supports seemed OK....

As far as future access to the most populated area of the engine, and considering that the engine mount tube location is mandatory, I like to run all wiring and lines along the motor mount.

I can understand the desire to build to cert. spec's, but after working around adel clamps and the bolts that hold them, I have switched to pull ties. My vacuum line is automotive and fits nice and follows the motor mount along with the wires and oil pressure line.

Anything you go to install in the area of the back of the motor, stop and imagine removing a mag, fuel pump, prop governor, oil screen, and even the oil filter.

Place them out of the way now and enjoy the work area later.

As far as future access to the most populated area of the engine, and considering that the engine mount tube location is mandatory, I like to run all wiring and lines along the motor mount.

I can understand the desire to build to cert. spec's, but after working around adel clamps and the bolts that hold them, I have switched to pull ties. My vacuum line is automotive and fits nice and follows the motor mount along with the wires and oil pressure line.

Anything you go to install in the area of the back of the motor, stop and imagine removing a mag, fuel pump, prop governor, oil screen, and even the oil filter.

Place them out of the way now and enjoy the work area later.

Was thinking exactly the same thing, could not have said it any better myself.

The Installation shown is similar to what we utilize as stock on the RV14 installations, and the one that we utilize now on the RV10 firewall forward hose kits that are using electronic ignition.

It is designed with simplicity and the ability to easily upgrade in mind. For instance, you'll notice the AN cap blocking off a port on the tee assembly in the middle of the mount. That is now our stock configuration which allows a builder to swap from a single PMAG to a DUAL pmag down the road without having to redo any of the hose plumbing.

As far as the concern about accessibility....the back of the engines do get busy. Without getting into a debate about adel clamps versus zip ties....this kit could also easily be mounted with zip ties and a simple snip would allow the entire system to be removed quickly.

Personally, I like the adel clamps (and they look really nice), but they do take a bit longer to remove.

Walt does bring up an excellent point though. Thinking through accessibility is definitely something worthwhile to do during the build. In the case of the RV10/RV14 we developed wing root filters to eliminate having to change fuel filters in the tunnel. Remote oil filters have also become a popular option on the 10/14 to keep maintenance easier and less messy. Beringer wheels eliminate the hassle of re-packing wheel bearings. Eliminating plastic and rigid tube brake lines and going with teflon hose kits in the cabin and the gear legs can reduce maintenance down the road.

Ultimately, it is up to the individual builder which areas they would like to "improve" on their aircraft. There is always a delicate balance between cost and function.

We love coming up with solutions to address these areas. Everything we do is based on builder feedback and then refined based on more builder feedback. It's a privilege for Tom and I to get to work with so many of you all over the world. We are always listening and working to make drop in kits more user friendly and easier to install!

Steve

Back