What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did you do with your RV this weekend? (6/5/21 - 6/6/21)

I wore the boy smooth out...

I took a morning flight up to Lamesa to meet about a dozen other guys for breakfast (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?p=1530774#post1530774) and my 7-year old went with me for the first time on that trip. He gorged himself on french toast and bacon, and then we went to San Angelo to play with cousins for a bit. He couldn't keep his eyes open on the trip home. It was a good day.

Attachments

• collin 6-5-21.jpg
    collin 6-5-21.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 177
Finished unpacking from a 3,600 nm trip from Savannah, GA to North Las Vegas with a planned stop en route each way.

The RV-9A greeted each bump in the western sky as if they were long lost buddies. It got tiresome real quick...

For the past two weekends, I've been working around my RV-8... struggling with paint booth mods and a bad back. Crank up those sympathy violins... ;)

On Friday, I made and installed a new canopy slide catch, so I can hold the canopy open about 6 inches for taxi. This is essential in this hotter weather, but it's too much wind and noise if the canopy slides all the way open. Works like a charm, I may have to patent it. :)

Saturday, Al Stuber (6A) and I flew from LWC to 96KS, a private grass strip near Glasco, Kansas, for a birthday party. There were three other -8s and a 320-MPH Glasair, flown by former USAF F-16 pilots, doing formation aerobatics for the crowd.

Back