Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 12-06-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greghughespdx View Post
An important note for you (as well as for others who likely have newer parts/plans): The version of the plans you posted the clip of is a version that has been revised multiple times since, as have the RV-12 exhaust parts. The version you are looking at appears to be pre-2015, and since then we've changed the spacing between the muffler and oil cooler, among a number of other exhaust system changes.
I understand there have been changes. The section I quoted is from the plans that apply to my particular exhaust system. Let’s say I am working on possibly the world’s slowest RV12 build. Although I normally try to stay up to date with plan revisions, in this case I thought I should use the plans applicable to my exhaust. Are you suggesting I should simply ignore this as it does not apply to later exhausts?
At some point I will probably install a newer system, but that is a costly option given the state of the Australian dollar, freight costs etc.
Cheers DaveH

Last edited by daveyator : 12-06-2022 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyator View Post
I understand there have been changes. The section I quoted is from the plans that apply to my particular exhaust system. Let’s say I am working on possibly the world’s slowest RV12 build. Although I normally try to stay up to date with plan revisions, in this case I thought I should use the plans applicable to my particular exhaust. Are you suggesting I should simply ignore this as it does not apply to later exhausts?
At some point I will probably install a newer system, but that is a costly option given the state of the Australian dollar, freight costs etc.
Cheers DaveH
No, just pointing out that most people here will have plans and parts that are newer is all, since at times people will find this thread while searching for help, and it's important to know things have changed. And yes, you do need to use the plans applicable to the kit parts you're installing!

We'll be excited to see your airplane flying!

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XP IO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Aurora, OR (EAA Chapter 105)

Old 12-06-2022, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the response, Greg. I reckon I’ll be excited too
Getting close now.
Cheers DaveH
Old 12-07-2022, 07:17 AM

fwiw, removing one stop bolt in the front gear fork and turning the nosewheel 180 deg. may make some installations easier to remove the lower cowling.if the plane is parked with several sheets of paper under the nose gear it turns easy.
RV-12 kit as of 9/13
RV-12 airworthiness cert. 11/30/2021
first flight 7/25/2022