to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > Virtual Hangar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8iator View Post
Hey, I know it's bittersweet, but another wonderful opportunity will pop up and you'll relish that too.

Best of luck to you two and your family.

It was fun watching your project meeting you two at OSH.
Jerry,

The wife always ask about if I have heard from you. She calls you the "hugger". LOL

You know your governor still lives on in N159SB and does a fine job at what it does!

Thanks for the note!
Check out my RV-10 builder's BLOG (Good stuff for those starting an RV-10)
RV-10, #41942, N?????, Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB Airplane Sold
Old 11-15-2022, 02:11 PM

Stick around, Brian! As many others have said, your break from VAF has been noticed.

Bring the 5 wheel RV up to OSH next year and maybe walk away with an RV15 kit on order? Great for that camping stuff!

Never judge a man by his trim tabs.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:44 AM

Hey Brian,
Having noticed I had not seen any posts from you for a while I started to email you just to see how you were doing. I have missed OSH the last two years and have not seen you guys.
Was about to ask about the RV-10 but just notice it is shown as sold in your signature line.
Hope to see you guys around in the future.
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 11-16-2022, 08:27 AM

Brian,

Fair winds to you and Chantel, and I hope those winds bring our paths together soon! I saw the youtube goodbye vid, and could feel the emotion. I think many of us feel it, because you shared so much here on VAF. So congrats on a great plane made by your hands, and here's to the next adventure!

Cheers,
Bob
Georgetown, TX
President/Sport 49, Sport Class Air Racing
Trustee, Formation Flying Inc (FFI)
Old 11-16-2022, 09:08 AM

Brian, what's great about this story is that we can all relate to it, we'll all be there some day. You have handled it with class and grace. Can't wait to read the sequel. Be well, my friend.
RV-7 (Sold)
RV-8 (Builder & Avionics Installer)
www.phaviation.com Trim Relay Boards/Flap Actuators
www.pathatch.com (Photography)
Track Me
Old 11-16-2022, 02:02 PM

Default Priorities

Brian, many of us can relate with your story and I greatly appreciate your candor. You and I are both Jurassic RV guys going back to Doug’s Yahoo group and snail mail to Vans in North Plains before that! My RV4 tail kit was made when Reagan was Prez, my RV6X build included a RV4 wing kit #37 (1978). I too have sold my two RVs and recently by Gods grace have punched a terminal C diagnosis in the nose.

HE heals all and I’m very thankful, sounds like UR2!

V/R
Smokey

Last edited by smokyray : 11-16-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannarv View Post
Stick around, Brian! As many others have said, your break from VAF has been noticed.

Bring the 5 wheel RV up to OSH next year and maybe walk away with an RV15 kit on order? Great for that camping stuff!
Brad, we are going to try and get back up there in 23. We will definitely look you up! You know I won't be able to stay out of the Garmin tent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
Hey Brian,
Having noticed I had not seen any posts from you for a while I started to email you just to see how you were doing. I have missed OSH the last two years and have not seen you guys.
Was about to ask about the RV-10 but just notice it is shown as sold in your signature line.
Hope to see you guys around in the future.
Yeah, the 10 start was a brain fart. Not sure what I was thinking. The roller coaster of life hit me just about the time the wings showed up. I have not been to Osh since 19 but we hope to get up there next year. Good to hear from you my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmills View Post
Brian,

Fair winds to you and Chantel, and I hope those winds bring our paths together soon! I saw the youtube goodbye vid, and could feel the emotion. I think many of us feel it, because you shared so much here on VAF. So congrats on a great plane made by your hands, and here's to the next adventure!

Cheers,
Bob
Thanks my friend. We will hopefully see you next year at one of the social gatherings at Osh. I keep up with you on FB and am still amazed at all the cool things you have going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hatch View Post
Brian, what's great about this story is that we can all relate to it, we'll all be there some day. You have handled it with class and grace. Can't wait to read the sequel. Be well, my friend.
Thanks Pat! When building I never thought the day would come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyray View Post
Brian, many of us can relate with your story and I greatly appreciate your candor. You and I are both Jurassic RV guys going back to Dougís Yahoo group and snail mail to Vans in North Plains before that! My RV4 tail kit was made when Reagan was Prez, my RV6X build included a RV4 wing kit #37 (1978). I too have sold my two RVs and recently by Gods grace have punched a terminal C diagnosis in the nose.

HE heals all and Iím very thankful, sounds like UR2!

V/R
Smokey
Smokey, so glad to hear that you put your faith in the one and only true physician and showed the C who was boss! The Lord has and continues to bless me more than I deserve every day!
Check out my RV-10 builder's BLOG (Good stuff for those starting an RV-10)
RV-10, #41942, N?????, Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB Airplane Sold
Old 11-16-2022, 03:32 PM

Default HE reigns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantel View Post

Smokey, so glad you put your faith in the one and only true physician and showed the C who was boss! The Lord has and continues to bless me more than I deserve every day!
AMEN!!!

Smokey
Old 11-17-2022, 08:13 PM

I might as well chime in as well. Brian has been a great friend and we have shared a lot of interests over the years! I am very proud to be the next caretaker for such an awesome plane. My hangar neighbor and I will be partners on this one and hopefully between the two of us we can give it the exercise she needs. I knew Brian's workmanship was on a whole never level, but my partner did not. But, once he saw the airplane and we flew it around the patch the first time, he was a believer.

It was a sad day several years ago when I convinced myself to sell my RV-7 (Made by another VAF'er John Siebold) and for some reason bought a C-180, that was an awesome plane. But it is good to be back in the VAN'S CAMP and in such an awesome plane!

I still never left VAF! What an awesome resource! Glad to be back!
Old 11-18-2022, 11:01 PM

Sorry to see it go Brian, but obviously there are more important things in life. I have no doubt the new owners will love the heck out of it.

We met one year at Oshkosh but we've never hung out, talked on the phone, or exchanged Christmas cards. However we did rock the "Show us the status of your 7/7A project!" thread back in 2010/11!!!! . It was fun completing our planes about the same time. Your informative posts helped me a lot in my build.

Tailwinds

RV-7A
Flying
1480 Hours