What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 175 panel mounting - req for engineering drawing

0302lj

Finishing the autocad file for my RV6A build.

Need the engineering drawing so that i have the locations and size of the mounting holes (do know the main cut out is 2” x 6.25”)

Doesnt seem to be in the "maintenance manual". Cant seem to locate an "installation manual" for this.

appreciate any help...if ya can PM me..

jerry

The install manual (I just put a 355 in my RV-7A) shows the front 2 and rear 1 holes are 8" apart. The front holes are 1.25" apart - centered vertically on the rear hole, which is centered vertically on the mounting tray.
But it does not have a distance from the front of the unit to either the front or rear holes!! The instructions are to put the mounting rack in place and mark the location of the holes :rolleyes:
The mounting rack has two 'tabs' sticking forward at the lower part of the rack. It is very important to make sure those tabs are flush or a bit forward of the front of the IP, so the radio seats properly (don't ask me how I know).
I no longer have an easy way to measure from the front of those tabs to the front holes.
Here is a link to the install manual (same as the 175): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13rDY5lHajGlp0micmC_ImYgmLYce8cUc/view?usp=drive_link

GNC 355 Installation Information

Need the engineering drawing so that i have the locations and size of the mounting holes (do know the main cut out is 2” x 6.25”)

Doesnt seem to be in the "maintenance manual". Cant seem to locate an "installation manual" for this.

jerry

You can download a .STEP file for the GNC 355 here. Click and download the G3X 3D Models (.STEP) folder. You can email us at [email protected] and we will send you a copy of the Installation Manual for this unit. Make sure to include your tail number in the email.

This link includes Revision 1 of this manual from 2019. We are currently on revision 6. It is not a good idea to use outdated installation materials.

Thanks,

Justin

jerry

I would leave a little wiggle room on the 2" X 6.25" as when I built my -7 I made the center stack width exactly 6.25" and I had a **** of a time installing the 375 mounting tray in the hole that the 327 transponder tray came out of. I had to enlarge the width about 1/32. Just FYI.

Back