What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aux Fuel Transfer Pump

Staunch111

Well Known Member
For those who have installed outboard tanks, with aux pumps (as a back up)to assist fuel transfer into the mains - which fuel pump did you decide on. I'm looking at the Facet pump that Vans sell (ES 40108) "12v solid state fuel pump for all RV models (except RV-12). 3/8" male outlet ports with 37 degree aircraft fittings. Provides 6 psi. NOT for use with high pressure (fuel injection) systems" which is now unavailable. Any advice on alternative pumps?

I used the (now apparently unavailable) Facet pump. You don't need (or want) much pressure capability there. Be sure you have a place for fuel to recirculate or push out the vent if you forget the pump on and try to overfill the main tank - even a couple pounds of pressure, spread over that many square inches, will be enough to cause damage.

I used the (now apparently unavailable) Facet pump. You don't need (or want) much pressure capability there. Be sure you have a place for fuel to recirculate or push out the vent if you forget the pump on and try to overfill the main tank - even a couple pounds of pressure, spread over that many square inches, will be enough to cause damage.

I'm about to purchase 2 units- 40108 from Pegasus. In terms of aux fuel transfer (outboard to inboard (as a backup)- both tanks vented), any suggestions on other pumps that may be suitable? I understand 40108 was / is recommended by a number of other kit build companies (despite not being recommended for aircraft use). Was that specifically due to the JIC flare 3/8 in 37D AN aircraft fitting and low PSI?

Any thoughts (anyone) on replacing 40108 with 40109 or 40137.Full specs can be found at: https://cdn.thomasnet.com/ccp/30785534/221943.pdf

Both alternative mentioned have check valves.

Last edited:
Back