What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HF Buffer Polisher and Stand Combo - Lessons Learned

Mandelbaum

I'm New Here
As I start my build, I figured I'd share some good lessons learned about the setup process for the buffer polisher and the bench grinder stand you can find at Harbor Freight to help minimize delays in setting up your deburring station.

The buffer polisher uses a 1/2" spindle. While the 7A Scotchbrite wheel utilizes a 1/2" thru-hole, the 7S uses a 1" thru-hole. Make sure to order the appropriate bushing/flange adapter/reducer of your choice if you intend to use the 7S wheel on your buffer polisher like I do. It'll save delays on having to order another part. Cleaveland might supply the reducer if you purchase there. Purchases from Aircraft Spruce will require a separate purchase of a reducer. I found a bushing on Amazon with a 1/2" ID and 1" OD made for this purpose, more to follow once I get it in the mail.

Secondly, while the stand might be well-fit for some HF bench grinders, the holes in the base of the buffer polisher don't line up with the center slots on the stand. I drew out the slots with a carbide rod blade in a hacksaw and cleaned up the edges a bit with a round file.

You will need 3/8" bolts to secure the tool to the stand after you draw out the slots. These aren't included with the tool nor the stand. Recommend the following:

(2) 3/8" hex head bolts. 2" long (I bought 1 1/2" and they're a little too short, but workable)
(4) 3/8" washers
(2) 3/8" nyloc nuts

Adjust the configuration as need be, but that should get you through a sturdy mounting process.

- Jake

Attachments

• IMG_9473.jpg
    IMG_9473.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 65
Back