What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An RV Challenge (Just For Fun)

Terry Lutz

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Having just completed the inspection required by SB00036 (no cracks found!), I brought the images home and printed them for my maintenance logbook. Even though I made a list of the images I recorded, because the images look almost the same, I had to triple check that the ones I printed and labeled were correct for the side I had inspected. I opened the tooling hole out to 9/32 with a Unibit to accomodate the tiny MS450-NTC borescope. Here is the challenge: find a way to put a label or mark on the front side of the rear spar to identify which side you are photographing, through that tiny hole.

May be possible with a Q Tip attached to a stiff wire, dabbing different paint colors for each side.
Red and Green to match the nav lights.

Last edited:
Write "front" on a piece of paper, take a picture of that, then take all the pictures you want of the front...write "rear" on the paper, take a picture of that, then take all the pictures of the rear - images labeled by ordering :)

Last edited:
If your borescope hooks up to a smart phone, you can edit the picture on the phone with what ever you want to notate. Funny thing is that I just edited this picture as an example, but I can’t remember if it was the left or right. I think I’ll start doing the edit as soon as I take a picture.

54AC26F7-6FED-4B2B-9582-67AC167EFD8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back