What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview question

sf3543

Well Known Member
I am wanting to install an ARINC429 into a Skyview system. Setup looks standard and uses the Dynon hub. Of course there aren’t any wiring diagrams for this build and I’m not all that versed on Dynon stuff, yet.
Is there an easy way to determine if there is an available serial port to use for the 429?
Since Dynon is closed this week, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Serial can be had from a hub, a splitter, or any spare port on the back of the monitor/radio/ap box.

I have zero clue how your specific plane was wired, look around see if a 9 pin plug is open. Worse case you can split the serial which dyno also sells.

Jeff

I suggest you only look at the ARINC 25 pin D connector pin out (Pages 12-3 and 12-4 of the install manual) and whatever you are using as your TSO GPS navigator for the corresponding pin outs. There are not that many.

If you are not using a TSO GPS navigator then you don’t need the ARINC module.

The 9 pin connector is just connected to the SkyView system like the other components.

Carl

ARINC

The ARINC-249 has two connections: D9 Skyview Net connection (like the rest of the Skyview components), and a D25 Connector for connection to your certified navigator.

The pins in the D25 are for ARINC formatted Rx and Tx (both A/B).

If you're connecting to a certified navigator (i.e. Avidyne 440, or Garmin GPS 175) then you'll want to connect the ARINC Tx/Rx based on the wiring requirements for those navigators.

The connection between the ARINC and the rest of skyview is done with a standard SV-Net connector just like the EMS/AP Panel/Comm radio/ADAHARS, etc.

I've linked the pinout for the D25 ARINC connector.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.00.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.00.35 PM.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 66
OP has probably seen this....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.39.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.39.56 PM.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.41.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 5.41.25 PM.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 94
So.....
I connect to the Skyview using the 9 pin network connector to the ARINC. I see that in the manual. From there I am good with the rest of the wiring.
However, I'm not seeing a diagram on how to wire the 9 pin network connector to the ARINC in the manual. (In the past I have used ARINC pins 3 & 4 to wire to a serial port on the EFIS.)
Assuming I don't have an available network connector what would be my options? (The Dynon hub is installed but all plugs are full.)
Sorry for being so dense on this topic but the light bulb hasn't lit up yet.
If anyone in the know has a few minutes to call and discuss, please feel free...210-2eight9-3984
Thanks

To connect the ARINC to the EFIS you just use a standard SV-NET 9 pin connector. Connect this to the 9 pin connector on the ARINC and a free 9 pin connector on any of the EFIS or other skyview components that have the SV-NET. You do not need to connect anything from the D25 connector to any of the skyview components. If you don't have any available slots, you can create a splitter. (or you can use another SV-NET hub - same thing).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 6.14.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 6.14.49 PM.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 98
Visited with Carl and I think the light has lit up!
Thanks for the input from everyone who responded.

Hey Steve, I'm just down the road at KCVB. I have an extra Dynon HUB that I'm not using if you're out of room in your existing HUB and need another. Sounds like you may have got it sorted.

Thanks Darin.
I think I have everything I need now.
I'll let you know if I have a need for an extra hub.
Steve

I am wanting to install an ARINC429 into a Skyview system. Setup looks standard and uses the Dynon hub. Of course there aren’t any wiring diagrams for this build and I’m not all that versed on Dynon stuff, yet.
Is there an easy way to determine if there is an available serial port to use for the 429?
Since Dynon is closed this week, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Here is a diagram and setup instructions that I made a few years ago when Garmin came up with these new units if you want to hook up a GPS 175, GNC 355 to a SkyView system.

View attachment GPS 175 to Dynon SkyView System With Config 2.pdf

Hope this helps.

Brian

Last edited:
Back