What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X GTN750 Autopilot issue

Clipper1

Has anyone else had an issue when flying a GPS approach ('T' Type) and overshooting?

Yesterday I flew an approach at 140kts, as the autopilot flew over the 'fly-by' waypoint it overshot the approach course causing it to chase the final approach course. I'm not sure if this is a speed issue, an RNP issue, a rate-of-turn maximum allowed by the autopilot (although it should have only been a 21 degree turn for a standard rate) or what.

Any ideas?

If the appropriate flight director modes are selected, and the autopilot is following the flight director commands acceptably, then any issue with lateral flight path would stem from the guidance being provided by the navigator. An examination of the log files can be illuminating in these instances.

AP Performance Issue

Has anyone else had an issue when flying a GPS approach ('T' Type) and overshooting?

Yesterday I flew an approach at 140kts, as the autopilot flew over the 'fly-by' waypoint it overshot the approach course causing it to chase the final approach course. I'm not sure if this is a speed issue, an RNP issue, a rate-of-turn maximum allowed by the autopilot (although it should have only been a 21 degree turn for a standard rate) or what.

Any ideas?

The flight director is not limited to a standard rate turn when navigating off of roll steering commands from a GTN Series navigator.

Please shoot us a Flight data log from one of your test flights ([email protected]), we will be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:
Back