What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360 Cylinder Replacement References

jneves

Well Known Member
Well the time has come to replace a cylinder due to ring wear. Google searching in only returning the usual retailers like ACS. Can any of you share where you picked up a good quality cylinder kit, I’d like to get a full kit assembled with piston ready to install.

Based on what I’ve seen and read there is not much savings going from new to overhauled to used but good condition so it’ll likely be new unless there is a shop with overhauled units at a price that justifies them over new. I’ve seen new kits around $1600 down to salvaged (not overhauled) for $1100.

Looking for education as this is my first non Rotax engine work needed.

Airpower is my go-to for Lycoming parts and cylinders. I will only use Continental Prime Cerminil cylinders as I have had zero issues with them.

Thanks Bob, I spoke with them right after I posted this AM. They only have an OH set, but the price is right and it's in stock. I have Chome cylinders now and they happen to have a drop in for me.

Have not placed an order just yet as I'm waiting for comps and a borescope review. I'm fairly confident I have a bad cylinder with worn rings and the bore is likely no bueno

Air Power

Air Power claims to be the worlds largest Lycoming distributor. I bought new Lycoming 0 320 cylinders from them several years ago. Excellent service.
Dart Aircraft in the Waco area is also excellent.

Back