What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Petit Jean RV Gathering

Homie

The Gathering on Petit Jean Mountain in Morrilton, Arkansas (KMPJ) is happening this weekend! If you have never been to this flyin.... you are missing the best weekend of RV fun on the planet. The event begins this Friday, Oct 15th. Lots of great food, your favorite beverages, contests, raffles, tail number bingo, balloon busting flights, formation flying and lots more. Only a few rooms left available and several camping spots available. We have the airport to ourselves, 5000’ hard surface and great parking areas. Check it out at Petitjeanflyin.com See you at the Gathering on the Mountain.

Weather

We are registered and excited but the weather looks grim for Thurs and Friday. Hoping it changes!!!

Wednesday Option

Options .... the RCC has opened up rooms for Wednesday night and they will have a shuttle going from the airport to the RCC from 9 to 3. After three we have a buddy there who will check in and take anyone there at 6:00 PM over the RCC.

If the mountain is covered, Morrilton and Russellville on the east and west river valley sides are good options and we can pick you up from there.

Holler if we can help!

Bill

It begins!!!!

Sandy and I arrived around 11AM. The weather was scattered 2000AGL with winds 020@10kts. Its now 2PM and the wx looks even better. The RCC is very good about picking you up from the airport. I’m told there will be more arrivals in an hour or two.

Sandy and I arrived around 11AM. The weather was scattered 2000AGL with winds 020@10kts. Its now 2PM and the wx looks even better. The RCC is very good about picking you up from the airport. I’m told there will be more arrivals in an hour or two.

if you could post an occasional PIREP it would be very appreciated. I am hoping to find a window out.

Marvin, I’m gonna need Sandy to call my copilots in sick for half a day Friday so we can make it there by early afternoon…..

Update Wednesday Night 9:00 PM

We have 6 planes on the ramp this evening :D and expecting a really good turnout for the weekend. 94 Registered/called in! Weather looks great for Saturday and Sunday and good Friday afternoon. Looking like lower ceilings tomorrow (Thursday) in the 3000 to 5000 range or better with 10+ visibility and that should be easily flyable all around the local area. Come Thursday if you want to, rooms available at the RCC .... we'll be ramp sitting and watching the activity:D

Looks like Friday AM might be IFR low until after 10:00 then coming up after 10:00 AM improving to 1800 at KRUE at 1:00PM which is a 1200-1300 ceiling on the mountain. Improving to 2800 at 7:00 PM. Expecting a lot of mid-day arrivals, dinner is on at 6:30 at the Rockefeller Center.

For those registered, please check your email (the address you registered with) for frequent updates from the Mountain. Our normal crews will be on site by 9:30 tomorrow to set up. We're loaded up and heading that way in the AM. Nite nite now :)

Fly safe first! See you on the Mountain!

Back