What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Warning placard location

Jlmeg

I'm New Here
The passenger warning placard needs to be “visible when entering cockpit.” Is it acceptable to place it in the rear of my RV-7A above the baggage bin? I would prefer not to install it on the instrument panel. Thoughts?
Thanks kindly,
Joel

You might want to check the regulations on the required size. Here in Canada it just states that it has to be readable. I have used just a standard font and size and printed it out and stuck on the instrument panel. Neat and tidy and passes the inspection every time.

From your operating limitations....

Except for single-place aircraft, the following placard must be displayed in the aircraft in full view of all occupants[/B]: “PASSENGER WARNING - THIS AIRCRAFT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR STANDARD AIRCRAFT.” [/B] (41)

The "EXPERIMENTAL" placard is what must be visible to anyone entering the cockpit.

Last edited:
I put the big “Experimental” sticker high up on the back panel of the RV-6’s baggage compartment. That is a common location for it.

I’m trying to figure out where to put the one on the -10. Is there a common location for those on the -10?

I put the big “Experimental” sticker high up on the back panel of the RV-6’s baggage compartment. That is a common location for it.

I’m trying to figure out where to put the one on the -10. Is there a common location for those on the -10?

Probably based upon the inspector. I put mine high on the baggage bulkhead adn the FSDO guy had no issue with it, though I did have the warning label on the panel. I have seen some on the top inside of the door, visible when open, and some on the wing spar cover.

Larry

Probably based upon the inspector. I put mine high on the baggage bulkhead adn the FSDO guy had no issue with it, though I did have the warning label on the panel. I have seen some on the top inside of the door, visible when open, and some on the wing spar cover.
Larry

Just for clarification; top inside of door is acceptable for the Experimental Placard, but not the Passenger Warning.

Back