What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shops near Upstate SC

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
Where are some paint shops near the upstate of South Carolina? Also are there any good cheap(maybe free) design softwares out there? Thanks in advance!

I got my plane painted at Boss Aircraft Refinishers in Salisbury, NC (KRUQ). They did a good/average job. I wasn't looking for an award winner. I did have to disassemble and reassemble the plane myself.

Attachments

• 20210227_165135.jpg
    20210227_165135.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 113
I ended up with a flat nosewheel on our Grumman AA5 on roll-out at KLQK in Pickens. The mechanic there was quite accomodating in coming out on a Sunday to replace it. His main gig is apparently painting, and I would likely be giving him my business if my parents still lived out that way. He had ~3 planes in the hangar that were finished awaiting pickup. One was a Columbia that rivaled some of the winners at KOSH.

Just took delivery of my RV8 from today Mike Ibe's shop at Southeast Greensboro airport. I've posted a link to a photo of my plane and suffice it to say I'm very pleased with the results. I finished construction on my plane back in February 2019 and was holding out for a slot with a highly reputable paint shop in Alabama. However, after waiting nearly 18 months with no promised date in site, I gave up and started shopping around and was fortunate to see a post about Mike's shop and the work he had done. A brief visit to his shop and a chance to see what he and his partners could do, and I jumped. Judge the results for yourself.

[URL="https://jamesbaker.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/n-8VwBkq/i-GkqptMw/A[/URL]

Regards,
J Baker

Back