What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Product from ExperimentalAero The TBBT-2

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
ExperimentalAero is proud to introduce its latest tool Tire Bead Breaking Tool (TBBT-2) Designed for the Homebuilt Aircraft, and GA owners. No more struggling with clamps, vices, mallets to break the bead. No more finding an A&P with the traditional breaking tool to use and working on the floor putting all your weight into the handle to break the bead. Why break your back to break the bead, now you have a new option.
TBBT-2%20small.JPG

The TBBT-2 unique design leverages the power of the mechanical advantage of the clamp technology used in the ExperimentalAero’s Deep Reach Dimpling Tool (DRDT-2) and makes breaking your tire bead even easier. The TBBT-2 is an affordable option for the aircraft owner and significantly less expensive then the competitions comparable tools.

Link to TBBT-2 video (Low resolution video-old camera used)
http://www.experimentalaero.com/products/TBBT-2/TBBT-2%20.mp4

For those DRDT-2 owners who are now flying but keeping the DRDT-2 for future use the TBBT-2 is even more affordable. By purchasing the TBBT-2 frame only, the DRDT-2 owner can transplant the clamp assembly to the TBBT-2 frame.

Introductory pricing
$115 TBBT-2 frame only (Current DRDT-2 owners) plus shipping
$170 TBBT-2 Complete unit plus shipping

Shipping in the CONUS is approximately $20

I am excepting pre-orders (no payment required now). Estimated availability in 4-6 weeks. Just email me [email protected] to let me know you are interested and I will put you on the pre-order list.

Please visit the ExperimentalAero website for more details. http://www.experimentalaero.com/products/TBBT-2/TBBT-2.html

Last edited:
Sent an email.

Neat product.
BTW you have a typo in you email link in the above post..

I love it

Got my tool a while back and had it all ready to go for my condition inspection.
I needed new brake rotors and to swap tires around to even out the wear. Now I’ve done tires numerous times over the 15 years I’ve been flying and maintaining my 8.

I LOVE THE BEAD BREAKER!

A couple easy pulls on the handle while rotating the wheel and it’s loose. No jumping up and down, beating, cussing, falling down…

Money well spent for me.

Back