What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hot Mineral Springs of Saratoga WY

Vlad

Well Known Member
... Take a note Turbo. You can swim in 100F water when OAT is below freezing... :D

There is a windy place in Wyoming. So windy I couldn’t reach the place for six weekends. Today was the day. Light winds of 18 kts forecasted for all day at KSAA. I packed my swimming gear and left the base.

Checked the fishing competition in my parish

Then took a road toward Saratoga.

Elk didn’t care.

I looped around town to see if there is any activity at community pool.

Yes the springs are open. That’s how they look on short final rwy 23.

Last edited:
Larry, a jet center chief lineman, quickly tied me down. I hopped in a crew car and drove half a mile to the springs. Yes, I bought some gas...

Springs were open. I soaked in for 40 minutes. Life is good.

Then headed home. Stayed low, the winds aloft were howling at 50 kts in all directions.

Mustangs at 8,000 feet. Who the heck is bothering us?

Still had some gas left to play in the canyons.

No. The winds were calm.

Turbo come see me. There is an RV hotel in my village.

Last edited:
Vlad, forgive me for being asleep at the wheel here but.....you?ve moved? To Utah? Awesome!

Hey pal, Linny and I will be out in June. Will be very interested in this new Turkish bath you have discovered!:D

Roger on that Vlad. I?ve hunted elk in the mountains behind your little town and checked out the airport, thinking about how nice it would be to fly in, as opposed to the two day drive in my truck. Great area for outdoor adventures.

Yes I did...

Congrats on the move to Utah Vlad! Amazing country out there! I?m still in Florida but look forward to flying West this year, and visiting other friends who have also relocated to Utah.

Love the bath and change in scenery!

~ SportCruiser Rich from 39N

Last edited:
Hey pal, Linny and I will be out in June. Will be very interested in this new Turkish bath you have discovered!:D

Looking forward to your visit guys. I already have a park pass for you. Are you taking the German girl too? Tow Jeff with you :)

Congrats on the move to Utah Vlad! Amazing country out there! I’m still in Florida but look forward to flying West this year, and visiting other friends who have also relocated to Utah.

Love the bath and change in scenery!

~ SportCruiser Rich from 39N

Rich thanks glad to hear from you brother! Great time was had at Princeton back in the days. If you visit my airport here in Utah you have a place to stay.

Are you still flying that Cruiser we were hunting? Drop me an email via this forum.

Last edited:
Yeah Vlad,---I was wondering about your move also. But I thought you were in Wyoming. What made you leave New York?? Did you retire??:):)

Yeah Vlad,---I was wondering about your move also. But I thought you were in Wyoming. What made you leave New York?? Did you retire??:):)

I surely miss New York Don. Lot of good friends there excellent earning potential unlike here. Took a job offer from the Uncle couldn't refuse and moved. Duty station on Flaming Gorge NRA a beautiful place near Three Corners. Living at the airport the elevation is higher then Mt Washington in New Hampshire. Operating seasonal rural water systems some of them at 8000+ feet.

Dutch_John_33U_-_1.jpeg

The closest civilization is about 50 miles away. Picturesque landscape interesting wildlife. Lots of highly intelligent domestic animals on WY side.

_-_1.jpeg

This beast is living near one of our spring collection point not a friendly guy.

_-_1(1).jpeg

Sage grouse is a feature here.

_-_1_(3).jpeg

_-_1_(2).jpeg

If you fly south for an hour there is a nice backcountry strip by this secluded folks.

Rockland_Ranch_Utah_1.jpeg

I am getting used to life elevated. Come visit. Hey you may even stumble on a set of these :D

antlers_on_Goslin_-_1.jpeg

Last edited:
Wyoming

Vlad, I owned a FBO in Wyoming and one of my contracts was to look for eagle nest in all of those cliffs. Never got over a 100 ft. in a Supercub for 1100 hours. Great fun.

Back