What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VDO Fuel pressure sender model number - carburetor

BH1166

Well Known Member
Anyone know the model number of the low pressure VDO sender? Trying to order a replacement without a trip to airport and cowl removal.

Thanks

The Rocky Mountain Instrument microMonitor used the VDO transducer when they were the popular engine monitor. Their website list them using a VDO (insert Copy / Paste)

Oil & Fuel Pressure Sensors

These are the VDO sensors (with two wire connections) that we have always used. Both are available at egauges.com. Oil pressure: 0-150 psi (0-10 bar), part number 360-430. Fuel pressure: 0-30 psi (0-2 bar), part number 360-043
(I do not believe that egauges is still in business but Amazon has that part number fuel pressure transducer.)

Hope this helps. I found the fuel pressure transduce they use to read low and had ZERO fuel pressure in a full power climb but had high fuel flow with no engine power issues.

VDO oil pressure

My VDO pressure gauge has failed and only has one post. The 360-430 has two post, is one of them a ground? If not what is the number for single post with the ground on the canister?

Thanks

If two posts, one is ground. If one, the chassis is ground. I have one of each in my RV4 - oil pressure has one post with a wire soldered onto the chassis going to ground, and the fuel pressure sender with two posts, with one post connected to the same ground as the oil pressure sender.

VDO

Is the single post VDO 360-004 for oil pressure? My old one has the part number worn off. Thanks

I just replaced both my oil and fuel pressure sensors. While there may be cheaper sites than Amazon, they sure are convent.

Fuel pressure $59.99

Oil pressure $37.11

My fuel pressure started failing low but the engine never sagged, even during a full power Vx climb (at altitude). Turning on the boost pump would bring the fuel pressure back in line. I had ordered both a new fuel pump and sensor (the sensor was 14 years old). Replaced the sensor and the problem has not come back. Now to return the fuel pump.

My oil pressure indicator started failing high, which set off the Skyview alarm. 10 hours after replacing the sensor and no more faulty readings.

I did "burp" both the fuel and oil lines prior to replacing the sensors to see if the issues were caused by air in the lines.

Last edited:
Back