What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EXP 119 baffles

Ron B.

Well Known Member
For those of you that have installed the EXP 119 , did you have to modify the CB-00032G and CB-00032B baffle seals? These seals go just above #1 and #3 cylinders. The cut out doesn't match the lug on top of the head and the rivet holes don't line up with the holes in the baffle. All other seals fit perfect. I'm wandering if this area is where we find a difference from the standard IO-390.

They be are miss marked

Try swapping them or flipping them. I forget but they eventually worked without trimming them.

I knew it was best to quit early rather than cut them. I will give them another try tomorrow, Thanks.

Yes , swapping them corrected the problem. I still cannot see why Van’s doesn’t take a few minutes and correct things like this. I guess they rely on these forums to carry out their duties.
Thanks a bunch, all riveted this morning.

Yes , swapping them corrected the problem. I still cannot see why Van’s doesn’t take a few minutes and correct things like this. I guess they rely on these forums to carry out their duties.
Thanks a bunch, all riveted this morning.

Van's actually uses a lot of minutes to correct things like this when we know about them (this one is now noted).

In fact, we now have people who's primary job is to to work on correcting problems with documentation and kit parts (though with thousands of pages of documentation, and 10's of thousands of different parts, it sometimes takes a while).

Back