What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon D-100 Help..Setup Menu

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
Can't get to the setup screen on the D-100 to reset my warnings thresholds.
The Setup menu item is "Sensors" but when I go to Menu (2 button) then>More (5 button) and page through More I get NO "Setup" menu which should get me to the "Sensors" menu..

the D-100 is my primary EMS and is DSAB with my D-180 which i use for EFIS. Tried to get to "Sensors" through the D-180 but no joy there also..

Can't get in touch with anyone at Dynon for support. Can anyone tell me (step by step) how to get to the Setup/ "Sensors" menu in the D-100?

Thanks

The D100 does not interface to sensors directly. It's usually paired with a D120 for EMS functions that come over to the D100 via DSAB. I guess it can be paired with a D180 to receive EMS functions too. Both D100 and D180 can be bus masters but only one bus master is allowed. I'm not an expert but I'd assume that the D180 would be bus master in this case. If you have the D100 as bus master, it *might* cause what you are seeing. Have you looked at the D100 and D180 install manuals? They are available on the Dynon support area. Have you called Dynon support? They usually respond in a few hours.

Also, all devices on a DSAB network must have the same software version. Have you checked that? I had weird things going with a servo until I updated it.

luess I'll have to get help from Dynon on this one..I'll do a post on the Dynon forum..

Last edited:
Sensor page

Here's how to get to the EMS sensor page:

1) On the D180 (not the D100) select a display layout that shows the EMS page, either 1/3 or 2/3 on the right. (Button 1 or button 6 will rotate through display layouts.)

2) Press button 5 to bring up the EMS menu at the bottom of the screen. ("EMS" will display at lower right and confirm that you are working in the EMS part of the system.)

3) Press MORE option.

4) Press SETUP option.

5) Press SENSOR option.

6) Sensors list will be displayed for further selection.

Thanks, I really appreciate the tutorial. I'll give it a try. Please excuse my ranting about Dynon legacy avionics. I really like the setup I have, but support is hard to get at times.

Guess I'll have to get help from Dynon on this one..I'll do a post on the Dynon forum..Sure would like to transition to a JPI 930 and divorce the EMS tie in with the D-180 EFIS..This Dynon stuff has been nothing but trouble since I bought the airplane..

As Paul has noted the sensors are setup from the EMS menu which in your case is on the D-180 (which has the sensor connections). As a general rule you can select functions with the buttons under the section of the display that you are trying to adjust/control etc.

With respect to the Dynon system, I have been flying with the D-100/D-120 setup for 13 years and have only had one issue with the D-100 that required Dynon service which cost $400. System may not have all the fancy stuff that modern systems do but if it does what you need they are basically rock solid and still supported by Dynon.
Figs

I agree that the D-100 EMS display is certainly comprehensive enough for my use. I've had a problem that I cannot solve with the voltage readout, which shows 11.5V when the alternator is charging at 14.5v..(I have a backup plug in voltage indicator).

So, I will be able to get to the Setup menu and change the "Sensors" settings even though the original owner apparently used the "Global" initial setup of the instruments when he completed installation of the D-180 and D-100. Is that correct?

Back