What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery Die grinder

I have that exact unit. Just got it a couple weeks ago so not a ton of use, but so far I like it. Solid and well made like all the M12 stuff I have.

Thanks for the feedback, how much runtime do you get out of a battery Thomas? The Amazon reviews are all over the place!

Thanks for the feedback, how much runtime do you get out of a battery Thomas? The Amazon reviews are all over the place!

I don't have the M12 die grinder but I do have many of the M12 tools. There are different sized batteries available from Milwaukee but if you have 2 batteries you usually can have a freshly charged one ready to go so runtime is not a problem.

-Marc

Unfortunately I have not used it enough to run a battery down; like Marc said, I have several batteries that came with the other M12 tools I have, so I don't think it would be an issue.

When I last shopped for a cordless drill/driver, the Milwaukee M18 had superior balance, torque, ergonomics, etc. to all the other brands I tried in the store at the time. I bought into the "two-battery" pack and then added a bunch more tools that fit the batteries--which are the costliest part of the deal. This grinder has since become my favorite tool.

I have been using M12 tools for several years. They are excellent and recharge quickly. As for amount of run time it depends on what you are doing. The load or amps the tool is consuming is what determines the run time. A die grinder would likely last a while compared to a drill driving #10 x 4” wood screws.
You won’t go wrong with Milwaukee stuff.

Keith

Back