What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

which micro switch is placed on the main door to indicate when it is open

I don't recall if it came in the fuselage or finishing kit, but I agree with Carl that magnetic microswitch set for each door came in one of the kits. I wired them into my G3X system, rather than using the relays and warning lights that came with the kit.

I don't recall if it came in the fuselage or finishing kit, but I agree with Carl that magnetic microswitch set for each door came in one of the kits. I wired them into my G3X system, rather than using the relays and warning lights that came with the kit.

I wired mine to the G3X as well.
If you’re using the vans reed switches you may still need to use relays etc if you want it to fail safe.

Last edited:
I wired mine in fail-safe mode (e.g. open circuit = door open). Just requires selecting the right input and configuring it to alarm on low.

I wired mine in fail-safe mode (e.g. open circuit = door open). Just requires selecting the right input and configuring it to alarm on low.

Correct. Wire all four micro switches in series. A green light then means all four door pins are engaged.

Carl

Correct. Wire all four micro switches in series. A green light then means all four door pins are engaged.

Carl

I also wired in series to a ground, but used a relay to reverse and drive a red lamp (and G3X active hi) when the circuit is open. IMHO, this is a bit safer than the green light strategy. I only did switches for the rear pins though. I have no problems visually observing that the handles are in the closed position and that the forward pins are engaged. IMHO, it is the rear pins that are the problem and need a warning system.

Larry

Last edited:
Back