What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brokerage Question to Canada

RockyMtnRV

I'm New Here
Fellow metal whackers!

My tail kit is ready to be shipped now, just received a email from vans to forward them my brokerage info. This is news to me, anyone have any guidance or places to avoid with Canada import of kit. Would like to not be be dinged an extra 20% tax as it’s not an airplane yet.

Cheers

Rocky

I used pacific customs brokers for all of my kits. They were great. Costs a couple hundred bucks and Vans is familiar with them.

If you can, get your self border mail address at US side and ship there. Drive down and make it self clearance at customs. Then bring parts in to Canada. Did clearance my self dozen of times - never had any issues with overpaying etc.

If you can, get your self border mail address at US side and ship there. Drive down and make it self clearance at customs. Then bring parts in to Canada. Did clearance my self dozen of times - never had any issues with overpaying etc.

I did the same.

customs

Agree - being in Calgary I'd probably go get it myself at a border town. If not contact Pacific Custom as Mike said above. I used them for everything and they're great.

Another option is to have the freight company call you when it arrives in Calgary, pick up the shipping documentation and run it over to Canada Customs & self clear them. Customs is at the NW corner of CYYC, so if the package is at Fedex, not far away. A bit of a hassle but doable. You basically just have to pay GST, not 20%..., no duties.

Or call one of the brokers suggested & save the hassle.

Back