What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AeroLEDs green sync wire?

sritchie

Well Known Member
Hey all,

Here's a question that I didn't realize I had until sitting down to wire this evening.

AeroLEDs Pulsar and Suntail lights share a "sync" wire so that they can synchronize their strobes. I get that those all connect together.

The Aerosun VX landing lights ALSO have a green sync wire.

Am I correct in assuming that each of these sync wires should be a SEPARATE system? Meaning, am I correct in assuming that I should NOT connect the Aerosun VX green sync wires to the Pulsar/Suntail sync wires?

I'm deep in the wiring and I just need a little reassurance here!

The systems are separate. The green sync wires on the landing lights are connected together using a second switch for turning the lights into flashing recognition or Wig - Wag lights in addition to being on steady for landing lights.

The systems are separate. The green sync wires on the landing lights are connected together using a second switch for turning the lights into flashing recognition or Wig - Wag lights in addition to being on steady for landing lights.

Thanks for this, Tom.

Just to be clear - the sync wire is not on a switch, correct? You connect the sync wires directly to each other, and it's the power application to the wig-wag line that turns that system on or off, right?

I know I wired the sync wires all together as this coordinates the flashrate of the tips and the tail.

That makes sense for the Pulsar NS90 and Suntail, as you want to coordinate their pulses (as you described).

But then there are also two Aerosun VX landing lights, which have a separate green wire to coordinate their wigwags.

Suggest you download the installation instructions from the AeroLED website for both the Pulsar and the Aerosun lights. These instructions show simple wiring diagrams that answer your questions.

There is no interconnection between the Pulsar nav lights circuits and the AeroSun circuits, they are independent.

Back