What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another 10 gets its wings

Jasonm

Well Known Member
Sorry no pictures to post but the inspection went very well and I'm looking forward to phase 1 which I was informed is only 25 hours due to the engine and prop combo I purchased from Vans. Bonus!

I'd like to thank everyone on this site. The amount of knowledge and willingness to help was/is a huge help. By no way am I done but at least when the weather is nice I no longer have to watch others sneak away for the day.

All the best!

Congratulations!
Hopefully, I'll be able to say that sometime next year!

I'm looking forward to phase 1 which I was informed is only 25 hours due to the engine and prop combo I purchased from Vans. Bonus!

What is the engine/prop combo that kept Phase 1 to 25 hours?

Congratulations!
Hopefully, I'll be able to say that sometime next year!

What is the engine/prop combo that kept Phase 1 to 25 hours?

I purchased a factory new XIO-540 and MT prop from Vans but the inspector also indicated that Vans has demonstrated that the kits they put out are safe and proven time and time again so the FAA is changing the requirement from 40 hours to 25 when both of these scenarios are followed.

Maybe someone else out there has more knowledge than I do about this, but this is what my inspector told me. It's also documented in the Conditions and Limitations that accompanies the airworthiness cert, which by the way is no longer pink.

Way to go Jason! Even though you got a 25hr Phase I, please don't cut corners on your test program. If you can get it all done in 25hrs great, but If you need more time, take what you need. I found that to perform all the normal flight tests and wring out my avionics to where I was comfortable launching into IFR it took more than 25hrs (not that it mattered for me as I had a 40hr flyoff).

Last edited:
Congratulations!! Thanks for providing additional motivation to those of us who are still building!

Have fun through Phase 1 and beyond!

Back