What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting the Mothership to test fly an RV-14

wibkickle

I'm New Here
Hi all,

I have a trip planned for the mother ship near the end of October. I will be in the area for a couple extra days and would love to meet up with some RV builders and pilots. I will be flying into Portland the afternoon of Oct 22nd. My tour and test flight isn't until the following Monday the 24th. I look forward to meeting you next month.

Keith Watson
[email protected]
512-497-twenty two forty four (text or voice)

Welcome to VAF. I flew my first cross country flight yesterday in my RV-14A, your going to love it.

Portland

Maybe Bruce Swayze will post. Check out his website Europa.com. He is in the area and has a 7 near completion.

Keith

My trip is only two weeks away. I was really looking forward to meeting some builders in the area. Hoping for some last minute posts.

Keith...

Different Bruce.

Hi Keith,
My day's off are Sunday and Monday. I have no plans yet, I can point you around some of the Aurora Airport and beyond maybe.
You traveling alone? Where are you staying? Renting a car?
Safe travels!

I live out in the sticks, so when a fellow Rver wants a tour I do my best to accommodate . But this only takes place perhaps once/twice a year. Now if you live near Aurora ,where most Rvers visit at some point and with over 10000 builders that's a lot of visitors dropping by. That's why I did not try to hook up with the local builders there back in July when I visited Van's.
Be patient and thankful for a response.

I don't have a 14, but my 10 is at Aurora not too far from Vans. Happy to show you my project while you are in town. The Hillsboro Air Fare (small scale event) is that day so if you're looking for something to do that day it's close by as well.

Back