What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pancake breakfast -Williamson, Ga

Bill Phillips

Well Known Member
Saturday, 28 September 8-10 o'clock
Sponsored by EAA Chapter 468
PEACH STATE AIRPORT (GA2)
Williamson, Georgia

Come for great Blueberry Pancakes, Eggs to order, Country Sausage and steaming hot coffee!

FLY IN or Drive to; plenty of parking Plane or automobile
-See and tour Ron Alexander's Beautiful Airplane and Classic car Museum
-See the Chapter project and give us advise
-Attend Fellowship with real live airplane builders and pilots
Meet Folks that really love aviation, good food and great friends!

Slope

Airnav airport info shows 5:1 slope on runway 31. I landed my -3 in that direction once and it was a wild ride going down the hill. If you land on 31, then the museum and restaurant is at the other end so you get to back taxi up the hill. Watch for others coming down that hill over that hump. I would love to see Mr Alexander's DC-3 take off from 31 but I wouldnt want to be coming up that hill when he does, hahaha. He keeps it hangered there on the site.

I prefer to land uphill on 13 if the winds are favorable. The hill dissipates a lot of the energy and no back taxing to Barnstormers restaurant.

The airport is dated back in the '20s and there is a lot of interesting pics in the museum. Mr Alexander did and excellent job.

If you depart using 31 you are supposed to begin your t/o roll at the displaced threshold marked by tires. Otherwise, you are rolling somewhat uphill and cannot see the entire runway. The tires are at the crest of the hill and you can see much better. Unfortunately, at least half of the departing pilots I have watched start their t/o roll at the end of 31.
Also the CTAF has changed in the past year or so it is now 122.72 not 122.7 anymore.
I fly up there every other month or so and will try to make the breakfast. Thanks Bill!

Land uphill if at all possible. If not you may get in about 5 landings before getting to the flats at the bottom.

edit: Yup, CJ covered it.

Last edited:
Sure Hope a Bunch

of fine folks come by and enjoy the pancakes. The proceeds are to help pay for our aviation kadet program. Worth cause and fine kids. I'll go buy some more blueberrys just to make sure we have enough. See you Saturday morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Forecast

Forecasted winds look to be favoring 13 so that's good. If I can get out of my swamp, I'll be there too.

Update: Beautiful weather, food good. I didn't get there in time for the breakfast but did get to meet Dan and Patti Horton and Pierre Smith. Pierre's RV-10 was very nice and I really like that panel!

All and all a very nice day.

Last edited:
Cj, good to meet you too.

Pierre, sorry to run off, but Patti and I wanted to borrow a cart from Ron A. and check out the airpark....which is why you found us down on the departure end later.

That yellow really pops in the sunshine.

10wqmvn.jpg

Back