What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mallards Landing, Ga

jmbrwn

Well Known Member
Would like to hear from from Mallards Landing residents on how you like living there. In my research I've noticed a higher crime rate for Locust Grove, Ga? Do ya'll find this to be accurate? Is the airpark affected by this crime? Feel free to PM me if need be. May be relocating. My wife and I have already been down to visit and liked what we saw. Thanks for any input.

I don't live there, and I'm sure you'll hear from a couple that do, but I've spent time there and know a number of people who live there. Everyone seems to like it, there aren't usually more than a few houses for sale, and the prices are strong, so I think that speaks well. From the time I've spent it's a great community atmosphere with lots of hangar flying and driving from hangar to hangar in golf carts on nice days to enjoy food, beverages and good tines. There are also a number of a&p, IA, home builders and others who can lend a hand if you ever get stuck with a problem you can't solve, need a TX cert, or similar. Lastly there are some great CFIs there, and a bunch of great airplanes.

Mallards Landing

Jim, I've lived in Mallards Landing for almost 9 years now and couldn't be happier. The atmosphere is laid back and fun. Things to remember, we're only 30 minutes from Hartsfield, 45 from downtown Atlanta, on a good day, so some of the big bad city things are bound to come out this way. I don't feel threatned or anything like that but since we have a large community, there are lots off eyes watching. Many of us work from home and even nights so we have pretty good coverage. I'd like to welcome you, if you do move here and invite you to call me anytime if you have any questions.
As GTMULE said, lots of A&P's, IA's, homebuilders and RV's on the field, I know of 3 RV4's being built now so we should have a good flock soon.

I'll PM you my cell so call anytime.

Ross Scroggs
Locust Grove, GA
RV4 #3911

Thanks for info guys. Ross, I'll definitely give you a call if things move forward. Thanks again.

Great community and even better people. I think you're on the right track if you are looking down there

Mallards Landing

Don't hesitate to call Carol or I. We have lived here 11 years. We tell everyone that IF we get to go to Heaven when we die it will be a lateral move. :)

Vic

I also don't live there but spend a fair amount of time there.... and have a couple of planes that live there at least half the time. Awesome people and I have thought about moving down there once or twice myself.

Warning from a Mallards resident

Moving to Mallards Landing needs to come with a warning. This is it. Think of it like air conditioning or cruise control in your car. Before you had it they seemed like nice additional features but hardly necessary. Would you even think of not having them now?

Living In Mallards Landing is every good thing you read here. Once I moved here I cannot imagine leaving. The facility is great and the people are outstanding. Come visit if you like. Shoot any of us a message and we will give you a brief and get you landing permission. Ross's hangar and mine are right across the taxiway from each other. Vic and Carol's place is a 5 minute walk down the runway. Lots of RV's and a very active flying community. Just don't say you were not warned.

You've got that right...every time I head down I think that buying a place at Mallards would be great. And it has nothing to do with the location...it's all about the people.

Back