What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust System disassembly required?

rileyspoon

My exhaust system came with the exhaust pipes already connected to the muffler with the springs already attached.

The KAI has each exhaust pipe being attached individually, then anti-seize paste is applied to each ball joint receptacle. So am I supposed to remove the springs, disconnect the pipe from the muffler, apply paste and put it back together again?

Yes. And you probably need to disassemble it more than once when you fit the cowling. The springs come last. Stick to the KAI and you‘ll be fine.

Yes. And you probably need to disassemble it more than once when you fit the cowling. The springs come last. Stick to the KAI and you‘ll be fine.
Also safety wire the springs when they are installed for the final time (you'll probably take them on/off a few times until the engine and exhaust are situated properly)

Tip of the week:

I think I got this tip from someone on this forum. I have found that a strong shoelace works like a charm to pull those springs on and off. And it does not nick the spring end potentially weakening it.

Back