What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rebuilding a CP-214

kd410se

I just bought a used CP-214 C-type squeezer off of the “well known internet auction website” but at $145 I’m pretty sure it’s going to need some attention to get it working correctly again. The interwebz have been less than helpful as far as finding info/parts for these older compression type squeezers. Yokes and adjustable rams? No problem, but internal parts are a bit more challenging. I dug up some older threads here but the links are all dead now. Even Chicago Pneumatic’s website doesn’t list parts for older squeezers… Any suggestions?

CP-214

I'm sure someone more qualified than me will "chime" in, but -

Are you sure it won't work (after a liberal application of oil/grease, where appropriate)?

There really isn't much to go wrong with them that a little lube won't fix.

If the valve operates, the leather "piston" still has some flexibility, the rollers on the ram pivot are lubed, and the correct air pressure is applied - it should operate.

About the most you might be required to do is disassemble, clean with an appropriate solvent, reassemble (with lube), check freedom of movement & give it a try.

I've bought some real old "dogs" over the years - and they all responded to a little personal TLC.

There are independent repair shops out there - someone else with recent experience with them can help you with contact info (if needed).

Best - HFS

I just bought it yesterday. It should arrive next week sometime but for $145… I just assume it’s going to need some work, lol!

Back